The only way out is through. The only way to heal the pain is to embrace the pain.—Fritz Perls
By: Hazelden Meditation Series
You are like a diamond that is continually being polished and perfected. As this purification proceeds, old thought forms and negative patterns rise to the surface to be released. Past unfinished business must be completed. Old traumas that have been stored in the body ask to be discharged.
This is not a bad thing – far from it. The fact that painful events are being re-experienced is a sign that healing is taking place. Although you may feel tempted to run from these feelings, let yourself experience them. As you allow yourself to feel the pain, the pain diminishes and eventually disappears.
Spirit is always helping you to release that which you no longer need. Let go of the resistance and surrender to the process. Complete the past and move on. Once you have done the work, you will never have to repeat it. How good it feels to be free!
For awesome Daily Inspirational Stories – Check out Growing Above
Article Sponsored By:
If you would like to sponsor an article, please feel free to contact me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feb. 14, 2013 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Feb. 14, 2013 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (12thstepper.wordpress.com)
- Jan. 24, 2013 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Feb. 5, 2013 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Jan. 24, 2013 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (12thstepper.wordpress.com)