Aloneness and Quality Time
By: Hazelden Meditation Series
- At the beginning of each day, we can think about what we’d like to accomplish. This can be a routine household chore, a professional objective, or a living principle we’d like to work on.
- As our day unfolds, we can engage in an enjoyable diversion or work on a pet project. Often, these activities clear our minds and free us to think more calmly about matters which trouble us.
- In the evening, we may want to review the day’s events, and our reactions to them, with a friend. Or, we may simply want to sit quietly and allow our thoughts to wander as they will. Keeping a journal at these times is a helpful tool for self-discovery. By recording our reactions and thoughts as they arise, we often get a better perspective on ourselves as well as our experiences.
TODAY I will be good to myself. I will find something I enjoy doing, and I will do it. I will also take time to get to know myself – either by sharing with a trusted friend or by writing my thoughts in a journal.
For awesome Daily Inspirational Stories – Check out Growing Above
Article Sponsored By:
If you would like to sponsor an article, please feel free to contact me by email: email@example.com
- Jan. 18, 2013 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Feb. 8, 2013 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (12thstepper.wordpress.com)
- Feb. 2, 2013 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)