By: Hazelden Meditation Series
If we thank our Higher Power each day for what we may consider as problems in our lives, we will find that we can live and cope with them. And if it is our Higher Power’s will, our problems will be transformed in ways we cannot comprehend. We don’t fully understand our lives.
Sometimes we may see our problems as big issues, sometimes we think that we are the only ones who are going through this ordeal and no one else understands what it’s really like. Well, the message is that in fact we are too close to the picture and sometimes we need to stand back and get a better perspective of things. Sometimes we need to explore new possibilities and new experiences to gain these new perspectives. But in either case, we need to understand the whatever our Higher Power has in store for us is truly only for the very best.
If we become willing to let our Higher Power handle each situation in its way, we will see that we are living ourselves into new ways of being. We will experience a freedom and joy that we could not have understood in our old ways of thinking and being.
We cannot think ourselves into a better life; we must live each day into better thinking.
Am I living myself into a new life?
Higher Power, I am grateful for the problems in my life; they help me change myself into a new being.
- Nov. 20, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Step 2 – Letting Go to a Higher Power (beingabeautifulmess.wordpress.com)
- Jan. 2, 2013 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Jan. 2, 2013 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (12thstepper.wordpress.com)
- Jan. 8, 2013 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Jan. 8, 2013 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (12thstepper.wordpress.com)
- Jan. 12, 2013 – Twenty-Four Hours a Day (12thstepper.wordpress.com)
- Daily Reading – November 27, 2012 (12stepsthinkaboutit.org)
- Buried Quiet (meandtheboss2012.wordpress.com)
- Daily Reading – January 19, 2013 – Just For Today, First things First (12stepsthinkaboutit.org)