“If onlys” are lonely. –Morgan Jennings
By: Hazelden Meditation Series
The circumstances of our lives seldom live up to our expectations or desires. However, in each circumstance we are offered an opportunity for growth or change, a chance for greater understanding of life’s heights and pitfalls. Each time we choose to lament what isn’t, we close the door on the invitation to a better existence.
We simply don’t know just what’s best for us. Our vision is limited. Less so today than yesterday, but limited still. The experiences we are offered will fail to satisfy our expectations because we expect so much less than God has planned for us in the days ahead.
We get what we need in the way of relationships, adventures, joys and sorrows, today and every day. Celebrating what we get and knowing there is good in it eases whatever trial we are undergoing. We are cared for, right now. We need not lament what we think we need. We do have what we need. We will always get what we need, when we need it.
I will breathe deeply and relax. At this moment my every need is being attended to.
- Aug. 30, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Finding My Path At My Own Pace (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- I am Happy Just For Today (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Cherish The Moment – It Was All Meant To Be (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall – What is MY Part in this All? (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Being The Amazing Following Leader (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Reawakening the Spirit (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Little Inspirational Prayer – No Regrets 🙂 (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Ready for Positive Change (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- We All Work Together To Make It Work (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)