Grief and crisis . . . accept it as a wise teacher.
By: Hazelden Meditation Series
A couple has a child whom they would go to great lengths to protect, yet the child falls ill and lies near death. A woman devotes years to a career; then the economy shifts, leaving her unemployed. A man slightly diverts from his path, and he loses everything he cares about. Life brings trial and defeat as part of its package. We would never choose defeat and we cannot avoid its pain, but we can accept it as a wise teacher. Out of defeat is born new strength.
We need wisdom to deal with defeat and grief. We will face them together more than once. The false comforts of self-pity and blame may tempt us in our pain, but they take much more from us than they give back. Through crisis we see clearly what truly counts in our lives, and we are better prepared to relish the pleasures when they arrive.
- Aug. 24, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Cherish The Moment – It Was All Meant To Be (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Finding My Path At My Own Pace (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- I am Happy Just For Today (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Being The Amazing Following Leader (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Reawakening the Spirit (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Aug. 21, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall – What is MY Part in this All? (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- All Egos Aside – Let Go and Let God (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- I Am Free To Do As I Please – How Will That Benefit Someone Else? (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)