By: Hazelden Meditation Series
Let go of fear and your need to control. Relinquish anxiety. Let it slip away, as you dive into the river of the present moment, the river of your life, your place in the universe.
Stop trying to force the direction. Try not to swim against the current, unless it is necessary for your survival. If you’ve been clinging to a branch at the riverside, let go.
Let yourself move forward. Let yourself be moved forward.
Avoid the rapids when possible. If you can’t, stay relaxed. Staying relaxed can take you safely through fierce currents. If you go under for a moment, allow yourself to surface naturally. You will.
Appreciate the beauty of the scenery as it is. See things with freshness, with newness. You shall never pass by today’s scenery again!
Don’t think too hard about things. The flow is meant to be experienced. Within it, care for yourself. You are part of the flow, an important part. Work with the flow. Work within the flow. Thrashing about isn’t necessary. Let the flow help you care for yourself. Let it help you set boundaries, make decisions, and get you where you need to be when it is time. You can trust the flow, and your part in it.
Today, I will go with the flow.
- Aug. 19, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- We Are But Waves In The Ocean Of Life (simplyycomplex.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Push the River (thesadcafecommunity.wordpress.com)
- I am Happy Just For Today (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Finding My Path At My Own Pace (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Being The Amazing Following Leader (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Reawakening the Spirit (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall – What is MY Part in this All? (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- All Egos Aside – Let Go and Let God (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- I Am Free To Do As I Please – How Will That Benefit Someone Else? (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)