What is obvious to me is that we did not create ourselves… life is something inside of you. You did not create it. Once you understand that, you are in a spiritual realm. —Virginia Satir
By: Hazelden Meditation Series
We do not belong to ourselves, but to the universe. No one planned to come into existence; we just happened to find ourselves here. We are the expressions of a life force whose beginnings are in the forgotten past. What does this mean on a practical level for how we will live today? For one thing, maybe we don’t need to take ourselves so seriously. And we certainly are not to judge our existence. We have a right to be here, just as everyone does.
We can live this day fully and not hold ourselves back. We may work hard, play, and enjoy it. We need not rein in or attempt to control this force which so far exceeds our individual powers. Rather, today we can learn to flow with the current.
Today, may I remember my Higher Power is within every cell of my being, whether I notice it or not.
- Aug. 18, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Significant Coincidences – In the Eyes of 24 Hours (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- All Egos Aside – Let Go and Let God (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Being The Amazing Following Leader (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Why So Worried??? Draw Some Faith Into Yourself (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Ready for the Hard and Challenging Times (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Ready for Positive Change (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Little Inspirational Prayer – No Regrets 🙂 (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Pain #6 in a series – Love Yourself – A Conversation with a Higher Power (rsd-crps.org)
- When Life Gives You Lemons…. Talk To The Farmer (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)