By: Hazelden Meditation Series
Am I a leader or a follower? The fact is, I am responsible for where I end up. If I choose to be a follower, I’d better follow leaders who know where they’re going. And I had better know where they’re going.
If I choose to be a leader, I’d better know that I’m responsible for getting myself on the right path. I also must be honest with my followers, so they can make good choices. I’m not responsible for my followers’ choices, but I must give them the truth. Being a leader doesn’t always mean I know where I’ll end up. But it can mean that I know I’m on the right path, following the lead from my Higher Power – one step at a time.
Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, give me the faith and courage to choose good leaders to follow. When it is Your will, help me be a good leader.
Action for the Day
Today I’ll list my leaders. They might be a Higher Power, or a friend. I’ll think of why I choose to follow these leaders.
- Aug. 15, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- All Egos Aside – Let Go and Let God (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Finding My Path At My Own Pace (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- I am Happy Just For Today (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- How to Become an Ideal Leader (zoewillsdon-positivethinking.com)
- Leadership Qualities (akshayv.wordpress.com)
- Little Inspirational Prayer – No Regrets 🙂 (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Leadership: What makes a good leader? (icecreates.com)
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall – What is MY Part in this All? (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)