The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order. —Eudora Welty
By: Hazelden Meditation Series
We will experience no coincidence today. All situations that transpire in the next 24 hours have their purpose. No single event, not the tired, hurried smile from a boss, the phone call from a frantic friend, or the cold response from a co-worker is without impact on our current perception of life. However, we shouldn’t try to evaluate the full significance of any passing event without God‘s help. Letting our Higher Power offer us clarity regarding the circumstances in our life will ensure a healthy perspective.
We’ve all experienced trauma because we exaggerated a problem rather than calmly let our inner wisdom guide us. We’re only an impulsive thought away from a flurry of problems. Likewise, we’re only an instant away from peace and enlightenment. The quiet mind will be ever present if that’s our wish.
I’ll truly understand the events of today if I quietly let God reveal their significance.
- Aug. 4, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Why So Worried??? Draw Some Faith Into Yourself (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Ready for the Hard and Challenging Times (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Ready for Positive Change (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Little Inspirational Prayer – No Regrets 🙂 (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- When Life Gives You Lemons…. Talk To The Farmer (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Patience is a virtue – and I want it now… (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)