By: Hazelden Meditation Series
Let’s cut right to the heart of the matter: We get in trouble if we try to run our own lives. Our ego starts to mess things up. We try to control things we can’t control. We think we are smarter than we are. We start to think we can run things just fine by ourselves. What’s the end product? We end up alone – spiritually and sometimes physically – and in trouble.
What we need to do is let the care of our Higher Power run our life. We can use care as a guide because care is what a Higher Power is all about. When we put care into action, we get healing love as a result. So let’s put our egos aside and ask our Higher Power to help us do the next right thing.
Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, I’ve made a decision. I am yours to do with as You want. I know that You will guide my life with care.
I will write down one way that I can be caring to others and myself today. Acting from care is acting for my Higher Power.
- Aug. 12, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Aug. 18, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- July 24, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Little Inspirational Prayer – No Regrets 🙂 (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Ready for Positive Change (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- How the co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous became a reluctant icon (theglobeandmail.com)