Is there any stab as deep as wondering where and how much you failed those you loved? —Florida Scott Maxwell
By: Hazelden Meditation Series
Treating our loved ones as we hope to be treated is our assurance against failing them. And if we listen to our inner voice, we’ll never falter in our actions toward others. There is always a right behavior, a thoughtful response, and a respectful posture.
Let us be mindful that we’re sharing our experiences with others who need the talents we have to offer. It’s not by coincidence but by design that we’re given opportunities to treat those close at hand in some manner. We’d do well to let the choice be loving.
How we treat another invites like treatment. Actions from our heart will soften our own struggles. Also, spiteful, critical treatment of others will hamper our steps. We teach others how to treat us by our gestures and words.
The inner voice can be heard if I choose to listen. It will never guide me wrongly.
- July 13, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Cherry On Top (cast-light.com)
- Guidance (ladylightningtarot.wordpress.com)
- be nice (identityseven.typepad.com)
- Whispers Within (dancestorms.com)
- Where the music of lives (nadyafauzia.wordpress.com)