By: Hazelden Meditation Series
Doing nothing as a steady diet would wear thin after a while, but doing nothing once in a while is good therapy. We need to let our minds and bodies rest. Being always booked for an activity gives us too little time for reflection about our lives. We have come a long way. Taking the time to appreciate that during our quiet spaces will enhance our self-perception.
Not one of us has had an unsuccessful life. We may not have accomplished every goal we’ve set for ourselves but we can believe that we did what really needed to be done by us. There has been a divine plan at work even though we were unaware of it. The same continues to be true. We will be nudged to pursue hobbies or volunteer activities or jobs if that’s the plan for us. This certainly takes the guesswork out of our lives. It makes us know we are pretty special, too.
I’ll do whatever calls to me today. As long as it’s not something that will hurt another person, it will be right.
- June 30, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- July 3, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- May 22, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- When Life Gives You Lemons…. Talk To The Farmer (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Life, Camera aaaand Action – Who is Really Directing My Life? (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)