By: Hazelden Meditation Series
Too often we are superstitious and interpret signs in negative or hostile ways. Because we don’t believe in ourselves, we tend to think that fate is against us.
But life isn’t for us or against us. If we are attentive, we will see many signs of promise during each day. Signs of promise, signs of goodness, signs of beauty. And if we trust ourselves and our Higher Power, we will know how to interpret the world and use it to do good.
Sometimes we may be unsure of our next step or even our general direction. If we are patient and alert to the world around us, we will pick up hints and clues that will help us on our way — a friend’s telephone call, a warm hug, a chance encounter, a job offer, a word of advice from a loved one. When we are ready, we’ll know how to respond and what to do.
One thing we are learning to be sure of — in this world of signs, we are not alone.
I don’t want to believe in a hostile fate. The world is good and I am finding my way in it by being patient and learning to read the signs.
- June 19, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- I Am Free To Do As I Please – How Will That Benefit Someone Else? (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- When Life Gives You Lemons…. Talk To The Farmer (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- June 20, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- June 18, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Patience is a virtue – and I want it now… (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Download Stairway to Serenity: A Spirituality of Recovery (Hazelden Spirituality Series) ebook (zqosqlz.typepad.com)
- I Offer Myself To Thee – Relationships Best Gift (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- Hazelden Launches Treatment Program for Lawyers, Judges, and Other Legal Professionals Seeking Recovery from Addiction (prweb.com)
- Hazelden’s New Sober24 Web Site Offers Enhanced Online Community for People in Recovery from Addiction (prweb.com)