… put our efforts where we can succeed.
The appeal of a “fix” tempts us. One day we dream, “If only I had a different job my life would be happy, or if only I had a different house.” Perhaps we even dream of having a different partner. When we waste so much precious energy on trying to change something or someone outside ourselves, we usually end up alone, unhappy, or exhausted. It takes great effort and a long time to develop what we truly seek: love, self-acceptance, honesty, and peace of mind.
Fixing or changing our partner might appeal on the surface, but why not put our efforts where we can succeed? What can we change? Ourselves – by becoming less critical we build our honesty and self-worth.
Do I block my own growth when I focus on someone else’s action?
- June 27, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Are you giving yourself the freedom to be who you are meant to be? (selfawarenessforchange.wordpress.com)
- A Continuing Offer of Perfect Peace through Forgiveness (prweb.com)
- Personal Honesty (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- From The Beginning… (velindapeyton.com)
- Hey, you want to play with me? (mothermaryswords.wordpress.com)