The greatest gift we can give another person is the gift of ourselves.
By: Hazelden meditation Series
When we can share our deepest convictions and failures, our ideals and disillusionments, our hopes and frustrations, our dreams and despairs, our answers and our questions – then we are loving our neighbors as ourselves as well as “loving our enemies.”
A friend put it this way, “If I share the whole of me with you, I share the good as well as the bad. I don’t hide anything of myself from you, not in a deep friendship, or a deep marriage for that matter. By sharing some things I hate about myself, I’m loving my inside enemy. I’m telling you I’m still human and have a lot of growing to do. I’d love to tell you about all my good points, it would make me feel a lot better, but it wouldn’t be sharing all of me with you.”
TODAY I will concentrate on sharing my insides and outsides with another; I will listen to myself as I talk. I will not be satisfied if I sit on my laurels or wallow in my woes. I will improve myself by becoming aware of how I communicate to others.
- June 17, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (evilnymphstuff.wordpress.com)
- The Fullness of Love (joyofspa.com)
- If you want to HEAL it you have to FEEL it! (mymornincoffee.com)
- Friendships (craftcrazygran.wordpress.com)
- Types of Friends.Limitless. (nesapfich.wordpress.com)