New feelings may seem uncomfortable at first.
by: Hazelden Meditation Series
I may be used to feeling afraid and anxious, or depressed and alone. In my new life, I may begin to feel joy or happiness, or peace and calm.
These new feelings are signs that I’m changing and learning how to accept my new way of thinking. Feeling peaceful means I’m healing from all the crises in my past. If I confuse feeling peaceful with feeling bored, I need to remind myself that the absence of fear or crisis takes awhile to get used to.
I am glad to welcome my new feelings and emotions; they are one way to know how well I’m doing.
- June 16, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- the storm before the calm. (belovelive.com)
- If you want to HEAL it you have to FEEL it! (mymornincoffee.com)
- What is PEACE? (jacobam.wordpress.com)
- Peace (spiritsisters.wordpress.com)
- “I Learned That Courage Was Not The Absence of Fear, But The Triumph Over It. The Brave Man Is Not He Who Does Not Feel Afraid, But He Who Conquers That Fear” (washingtonsblog.com)