Many days we are tempted to ask Why? Why did this happen to me? Why was I singled out? Why am I not a different person? But the whys lead only to clever explanations and rationalizations of what we do or what we are. The question for us is not Why? but How?
We ask how to learn and work through our daily lives; the “how” can give us a deeper understanding of our day. We ask God How? and God provides the strength and guidance needed. “How” will lead to everything needed for personal growth. “Why” is irrelevant.
Am I learning how to live?
Higher Power, teach me how to live, love, and learn.
- The Gain of Painful Losses (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- It’s quite close – you know..? (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- AA Step 5 (alcoholic.org)
- Daily Recovery Reading – May 2, 2012 (12stepsthinkaboutit.org)
- Success or Faith – What is More Important? (glaminglamor.wordpress.com)
- AA Step 3 (alcoholic.org)
- AA Step 11 (alcoholic.org)
- AA Step 6 (alcoholic.org)
- Reality is the Higher Power (jenniferlesher.wordpress.com)