Today I will rest. I’ve been doing a lot of emotional work, and now it’s time for a break. Do I cry easily? Am I quick to become angry? Have I been depressed?
It’s normal for my emotions to be close to the surface when I’m doing emotional work. I will allow myself my emotions. I can tell my children or loved ones that I may be feeling more sensitive or vulnerable lately. I can ask for their support and patience. I don’t have to share my healing process with them if I choose not to.
Today I will be gentle with myself, knowing that I’m exactly where I need to be – free.
- May 26, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- How to Conquer Negative Emotions and Take Action Now (Guest Post by Cynthia Hule of GangyBuffet) (braininjuryselfrehabilitation.com)
- been very emotional (mywonderfulchaos.com)
- How to Conquer Negative Emotions and Take Action Now (Guest Post by Cynthia Hule of GangyBuffet) (healthdemystified.wordpress.com)
- Social and Emotional Development (enfamil.com)
- Part 1: Understanding emotional framework of self and others (emotionallyintelligentleader.wordpress.com)