We must continuously fine-tune our bearings.
No one can set sail and expect to forget the wind. First you stand in the open air, feel the wind touch your face, and take note of its direction and force. Then you set your sail to carry your boat toward your goal. And you continue to recheck the wind because it is ever changing.
We might wish we could nail down our achievements when we finally reach them, stop the march of time, or keep our loved ones safe where they are. Just when we think we have everything together, something changes. Children grow up, jobs change, new neighbors move in next door. Like a sailor, we must continuously fine-tune our life bearings. Whether a change is welcome or not, we must respond.
Our main choice is not what will change but how we respond. If we hold too tightly to willful thinking, we are not attuned. But if we make peace with change, we grow. We will be transformed into more than we could ever imagine.
- May 21, 2012 – Today’s Gift from Hazelden (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
- When Different Becomes the New Normal (itneverrainsinseattle.wordpress.com)
- Does hard work guarantee discoveries and answers? (motls.blogspot.com)
- Answering Five Questions Can Help You Pursue Your Goals (theepochtimes.com)
- Make Adjustments and Keep Moving Forward (montyrainey.wordpress.com)